Always on time
A tyre puncture while on the road could mean a late arrival or, worst, a customer lost.
With Vigia on board, only the driver will know of a tyre
problem, not your passengers. The Vigia system automatically and without having to stop will inflate the damaged tyre so everybody can continue on their trip.
The hidden cost of running tyres with improper air pressure can really hurt a fleet over time.
- • Improper inflation accounts for 80% of retread separations, cuts, bruises, flats and blowouts.
- • For every 1 PSI of under inflation there is a 0.8% increase in fuel consumption.
- • Under inflation of 5 PSI reduces tyre life by 25%
- • Even without punctures, tyres lose two pounds of pressure a month just by air permeating the inner liner. Air also escapes between the bead and wheel,tyre valves and valve cores.
- • Only 22% of drivers check pressure before each trip, and only 37% of those use a pressure gauge.
SAFETY AND ECONOMY
VIGIA works by controlling the pressure for all tyres on all axles. Should tyre pressure drop, the system draws air from one of the vehicle’s air tanks (not from other tyres) and feeds it to the proper tyre or tyres. In the event of an extreme air loss, such as a blow-out, the system’s safety valve will shut off all air flow.
With more than 35,000 systems in use around the world, Vigia stands ready to handle the most strenuous demands in the toughest environments, again and again
Call right now and learn how Vigia’s value-pricing can deliver ongoing confidence and maximized budget efficiency for less than the cost of a set of tyres.
BEYOND TYRE MONITORING
VIGIA goes further than any tyre
pressure monitoring device in the market. Monitoring systems inform the driver if tyre
pressures are low. Now it is up to the driver to do something about it. And even if he is aware of the problem, he may decide to check the problem later or not at all. With a tyre punctured, the only option to the driver is to stop and call for an expensive road service.
VIGIA not only informs the driver (and the office) but also automatically and without driver intervention starts to re-inflate the tyre or tyres in need. Now you are assured that tyre problems are detected, informed and resolved automatically and immediately. No driver intervention, no road calls.